NC Peace Prize Application
Apply for the 2023 North Carolina Peace Prize
Is your nonprofit group doing great work in the community? Consider applying for the 2023 North Carolina Peace Prize! The North Carolina Peace Corps Association (NCPCA) awards the prize annually to a community-based, nonprofit group that promotes Peace Corps values such as community service, cross-cultural understanding and education. Here is a list of previous recipients.
The prize consists of a $2,000 check, a hand-thrown vase from Seagrove, N.C., and recognition at a public ceremony in the spring. Local media may highlight the winner. The deadline is Jan. 31, 2023. NCPA will announce the winner several weeks later and present the award on April 23, 2023.
Applicants must be a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization with annual operating expenses of $1 million or less. To apply, send the following information to the NCPCA Peace Prize Committee at [email protected]:
- Your group’s name, addess and website (if you have one).
- A contact person, with their position, e-mail address and phone number.
- The nominator’s name, affiliation with the group and contact information. (Self-nominations are OK.)
- An explanation in 600 words or less of why your organization deserves the prize. How does it help people to help themselves? How does it demonstrate Peace Corps values? Describe its history and activities. Share some of its accomplishments. Tell us how it changed somebody’s life.
- A sentence confirming you are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with annual operating expenses of $1 million or less — and tell us how you’ll spend the money if you win the prize.
You are also welcome to submit the following information, which is not required:
- Budgetary data, such as a recent IRS form 990 (or link) or other financial information to help us understand your operation.
- One or two letters of support, which can come from anyone who knows your operation well. The best letters are often from individuals whose own lives have been affected.
- Links to news articles, blog posts or other coverage of your work.
Don’t miss the Jan. 31 deadline! We are eager to receive and review your application, and we thank you for everything you are doing to serve our community.
Enter your text here.